Are you looking for a terrific, hands-on opportunity at a company where you can make a difference? If so, this position may be for you!
EOS Defense Systems USA, is a world leader in space information and intelligence services, optical sensor units and remote weapon systems for the land, sea, and air.
The EOS Production Engineer will oversee all facets of the facility's manufacturing and assembly of optically driven systems in support of commercial and government clients. The Production Engineer analyzes, develops, and implements manufacturing procedures, work instructions and processes designed to maximize utilization of equipment, labor and material. The Production Engineer is responsible for applying continuous improvement methods to improve production efficiency, reduce cost, and maximize profitability.
- Reviews production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to determine how to manufacture parts or products and deliver services with maximum efficiency
- Develops management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient
- Supports manufacturing to ensure product milestones and cost targets are met
- Provides daily reports on production progress and any issues impacting the attainment of goals
- Ensures schedules are achievable through capacity analysis and report deficiencies
- Applies engineering practices and conducts data analysis to identify, troubleshoot and develop options to solve production problems
- Plans long term equipment needs and labor requirements
- Improves labor productivity through development/deployment of best-known methods and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Coordinates with ILS Manager to ensure a continuous supply of material, assemblies and parts required for the production effort are readily available
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify corrective actions and process improvements
- Assembles, aligns, troubleshoots, and constructs complex optical and mechanical systems.
- Develops design standards and control systems to ensure quality and reliability of finished products.
- Works with engineers and technical staff to ensure detailed opto-mechanical designs meet product specifications and client requirements.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Coordinates activities and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards.
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
- Cultivates a culture that assures effective cross-functional teamwork.
- Develops management reports and conducts data analysis to identify opportunities and drive operational excellence.
- Evaluates and provides feedback to production employees.
- Drives client orientation as a business philosophy to ensure the client's wants and needs are the priority of all management and employees
- Partners with others to understand operations, identify improvement opportunities, and develop solutions.
- Serves as a bridge between the technical and business sides of an organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineer or related discipline or equivalent experience with more progressively challenging requirements.
- 4-6 years in an Engineering discipline within a Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience in the following: production & manufacturing, data gathering & data analysis, capacity planning, project management, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma (Preferred)
- Skilled in utilizing Microsoft Excel
- Inter-personal skills and ability to motivate team members
EOS Defense Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identification and sexual orientation) or national origin in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. An Equal Opportunity Employer for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, and armed forces service medal veterans. An Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.